Not since we first
started service over 30 years ago has VIA introduced such a significant and distinctive
transit option for our community.
Primo uses modern rubber-tire, high capacity vehicles; improved fare collection systems,
and controlled traffic signals to move riders more efficiently. Boarding take
place at stations rather than bus stops. In the end, riders using this premier transit
service will get to their destinations faster.
VIA's BRT line, called VIA Primo, runs along Fredericksburg Road traveling from
the University of Texas at San Antonio 1604 campus to the Medical Center Transit
Center and on to downtown San Antonio.
- Frequent 10-minute peak service between Medical Center and Downtown
- Convenient extensions to UTSA
- Modern stylized high-capacity vehicles
- CNG Powered
- Free Wi-Fi
- Wheelchair self-restraint
- Bikes on board
- LCD information displays
- Real-time arrival information along the route
- Transit signal priority to speed up travel times